"Dadisms"

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Yacht Racing, It's A Thing I Do

Like I said earlier I'll be posting things related to boats and sailing. It's a lifestyle for me and thus will be a frequent topic here. I race regularly thru New Orleans Yacht Club usually on a Peterson 34' named Heavy Water (D20). I also sail on Girl, a Stoner 25 and occasionally will ride with Witch Doctor, a Beneteau First 30. We are starting our last five week series this week so I'll post race results here and hopefully I'll be able post the race tracker provided by a new app called RaceQS. It allows people to see the race in virtual reality which is pretty neat and formally reserved only for the fancy schmancy America's Cup crews. If you are interested in trying RaceQS for your own boat you can check it out here on their website RaceQS. It's a handy way to keep a log of your hours and routes as well, in case you had one too many sundowners to remember how you found that perfect anchorage.

No comments:

Post a Comment