"Dadisms"

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cancer Sucks

Pretty simple. Nearly everyone has been affected by cancer and we are no exception. Both of us have family members that bear the scars of the battles they have fought with this disease. I'm very proud of my wife for doing what she can to help find a cure. She ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure 5K  in City Park here in New Orleans. She finished in the first 1000, which is no easy task considering the massive amount of people that participated in this event.  On top of that I'm pretty sure she managed to raise twice as much in donations as the rest of the team she ran with...just saying. Fund raising isn't a contest...cough....it's a team effort. Tomorrow my mom and dad are running in Baltimore and I wish them all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment